You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your children
These days we are preparing the section of the Earth of our new app. And talking with children 7 and 8 years old we have realized that even though they memorize that "the earth revolves around the sun and the moon around the earth" ... they do not quite understand what all this means. They do not have perception of space. So together with the theory of facts, we are animating a video in which the orbits are observed. But to be sure that the learning is really meaningful and significant we have added to our app a simple workshop. A cutter with the sun, the moon and the earth orbiting one around the others. Here you have it! It's simple but effective! We hope you like it.
UNDERSTAND THE ORBITS OF THE EARTH AND THE MOON
Colors or markers
How to make:
- Make the patterns with three circles of different diameters and two different size rectangles.
- Color the Earth, the Moon and the Sun
- Cut out the patterns
- With a stapler and using longest rectangle, connect the Earth to the Sun
- Connect the Moon to the Earth using the shortest rectangle
- Shows the movement of the Earth and the Moon by moving the Earth around the Sun and the Moon around the Earth.